Thursday 27 August 2009

my plan for the future

Topic: My ambition and plan for the future

Outline:

1. What my ambition is

2. I did not know what I want in life

- How somebody inspired me to find what I really want

3. - I found my strength and my weaknesses

- I found what I really want

4. How to reach my dream

5. Some challenges that I might cope with

Every person has his own ambitions. The ambition is really important to make us plan our life with more systematically. As for me, I plan to further my study to master level in America and become a lecturer. I want to become a lecturer because I want to share what I have with other people who need. As the proverb said, “Human lives to enliven others”, so would I do to others.

When I was in the Senior High School I was unsure on what I wanted to do in my life and what I wanted to major when I went to college. My Dad then suggested me to major English. He pointed out how important English was and said that I would never regret if I obeyed his advice. I kept his promise and entered English department. Studying in English department for six months, I still had no aim. I even did not want to think about what truly I wanted. The only thing that was in my mind is after graduated I should be able to get a job. What kind a job? I don’t know. I don’t want to be bothered with that one. Just let everything flow was used to be my principle of life until once I chatted with a man via Skype (using internet connection). He inspired me to find what I really want. Among all questions that he asked me only one that I hardly answered. I was stuck on,” what is your dream?” well, I bet that everyone will agree with me that it is an easy question. Everyone has his/her dream. Everyone can dream as much as they want without have to worry how much they should pay per dream. It is free of charge and easy to do. However, it took me a long time to answer. I replied him by saying that I wanted a simple life, getting a job after graduated, be successful and got married. He then replied that it was a common dream. He also said, “Never be afraid to dream. Dreams are free, so free your dreams.”

Since then, I have been thinking what I really want and what my dream is. I learned about my strengths and weaknesses. After finding my strengths and weaknesses I needed to accept them. This was a difficult task. I wanted to be good at everything, but the reality is you cannot be perfect at everything. After I accepted my weaknesses I turned to my strengths. I realized I needed to decide where my strengths were. Surprisingly they were in my interest of teaching. I like seeing other people turn from nobody to somebody. Just imagine how happy it would be if we can help someone to become successful.

I agree with Sarah Ban Breathnach who says, “The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do. I have to arrange a plan to be able to reach my dream. If I want to study abroad I have to get TOEFL score minimal 550. Therefore, I study English every day. I plan to take my TOEFL test when I am fifth semester. If I get 550 I will apply for a scholarship in America when I graduate. After I get my master, I’ll come back to Indonesia and become a lecturer. I want to participate in nation building by sharing my knowledge with others so that my life will be more meaningful.

I know that it is not easy to reach my dream. I will face many challenges. For instance, I may be fall to get scholarship to America when I try to apply for the first time or if I get it, graduate from America and come back to Indonesia, maybe I will change my mind to become a lecturer. Although it may be hard but I want to keep believing that I can do it. Everything is possible as long as we believe and give a hard try. Besides, I will pray and be consistent with my choice. No matter what will come to hamper my way, I will keep walking until I reach my dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment